Community Safety: You're talking, we're listening
We’ve started to organise insight groups made up of you, our customers, and led by customers from the Customer Scrutiny Panel. These groups are getting together to discuss several important topics. The first one took place in April, focusing on community safety.
Customers from both Shared Ownership and rental homes came together to discuss how we deal with antisocial behaviour (ASB) and what we can do better. The group shared their own experiences of ASB and how to report it. They also discussed the ASB app, an app exclusive to customers experiencing antisocial behaviour, letting them easily submit evidence of community safety issues.
The insight group helped us work out our next steps to improve our community safety offer. Their valuable insight has helped us explore how to get the right information to all our customers at the right time. We’re currently looking into:
• Signposting to local services on our website
• Making sure our welcome packs feature key contact services and details on how to report community safety
• Giving our Customer Care Team more training on how to deal with ASB concerns straight away
• Promoting ASB app in our new customer portal
• Working with our Community Safety Team to map out roles and responsibilities more clearly
We’re in the process of creating a detailed action plan. This will make sure we carry out the recommendations of the customer insight group. We’re committed to listening and improving our services and we’ll be holding more insight groups on other topics over the coming months – and a big thank you to those customers who joined us for this group.
Would you be interested in joining an insight group? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch!