What to do about vehicles which have been abandoned or have been parked in places which obstruct roads, traffic or pedestrians.

Abandoned vehicles

Please speak to your neighbours if you notice a vehicle which may be abandoned to see if they know who owns it. If no one knows, please note the registration number, make, model and colour of the vehicle. If you suspect the vehicle is stolen, please contact the police on 101.

When the vehicle is on Sage Homes land

Please complete our form here or go to our customer portal, attaching a photograph if possible. Once we receive your report, we'll contact the DVLA to see if the vehicle has a registered keeper so we can contact them. If the vehicle doesn't have a registered keeper, we will follow our Policy & Procedure to facilitate removal. 

If the vehicle is on public land please contact your local authority.

Obstructive vehicles

If a vehicle is parked in a dangerous manner, please contact the police who will investigate and remove the vehicle if they think it necessary

We encourage you to speak to your neighbour if they're parking in a manner which is causing an obstruction for you when entering/leaving your home or allocated parking space. They may not be aware that their actions are causing you an issue. If you prefer not to talk to them directly, you can download and give them our Dear Neighbour postcard.

Repairing vehicles
If you suspect that someone is carrying out regular repairs to vehicles within their designated parking facilities please contact us.

On a public highway
Contact your local authority who can investigate and consider action under the Clean Neighbourhood and Environment Act 2005.

Speeding or dangerous vehicles

If you believe that a road traffic offence has been committed, such as speeding or driving under the influence, you should report the incident as soon as possible to the police.