A record 3,447 new homes delivered by England’s largest provider of newly built affordable homes in 2022
Sage Housing Limited (“Sage Homes”), a For Profit Registered Provider, today announces its full year results for the 12 months ended 31 December 2022.
Building on the successes of 2021, Sage Homes, England’s largest provider of newly built affordable homes, enjoyed another milestone year, investing £525m to deliver 3,447 new homes for customers, the most ever delivered in a single calendar year. This takes the total number Sage Homes delivered by the end of 2022 to 10,700. At this point, it had a total home delivery commitment of 19,966.
In its full year results for the 12 months to December 2022, Sage Housing Ltd, which only provides affordable homes, delivered:
- 1,965 new affordable rented homes
- 1,482 Shared Ownership properties
- Worked in partnership with 233 local authorities
- Was England’s eighth highest provider of homes for Social Rent.
The registered provider also further committed to the delivery of high-quality homes by strengthening its leadership team, welcoming new Chief Operating Officer, Iain McPherson, to focus on improving the quality of customers’ homes and increasing responsiveness in solving issues.
Customers at the heart of everything Sage Homes does
Sage Homes also underlined its commitment to excellent customer service by creating a new Customer Care Centre in Northampton, to provide better and faster responses to customers. Building on findings from its customer satisfaction survey, further investment in customer support included:
- Laying the foundations to take over the housing management of more of its homes, to be closer to customers and offer a more responsive service.
- Launching its “Heart of Sage” fund to support local communities and establishing a specialist Financial Wellbeing Team to offer even greater support to customers. This included helping them access more than £200,000 in financial support easing cost-of-living pressures.
This support has been expanded in 2023, and in the six months to June, Sage Homes helped over 300 customers to claim £230,000 in one-off payments and over £570,000 in regular ongoing benefit payments. Sage Homes also referred over 175 customers to external support, including energy bill specialists and food banks.
- Growing Sage Homes’ Customer Scrutiny Panel, enhancing its diversity and ensuring it receives honest customer feedback.
- Investing around £4.5m across 2022 and into 2023 in IT services and new technology to help serve customers better, including a new website, self-serve customer portal, LiveChat and an improved customer relationship management system.
- Refreshing the company brand and tone of voice to better reflect Sage Homes’ focus on our customers and their housing needs.
Alison Thain OBE, Chair, Sage Homes said: “Sage Homes was created at the end of 2017 to help address the country’s affordable housing crisis.
“In 2022, we marked our fifth anniversary with a crucial turning point for us. In addition to being named England’s largest provider of newly built affordable homes for the second year running, we now have more occupied homes than in our construction pipeline. We’re keeping our promise to be a leader in this sector and we have high ambitions for the future.”
Mark Sater, Chief Executive Officer, Sage Homes said: “As well as delivering a record number of new homes in 2022, we also prioritised the quality of services we provide to our customers by increasingly taking direct responsibility to manage our customers’ homes. We revisited our purpose, mission and values to ensure we build a truly customer-centric company. We have also invested in our systems, which is crucial to ensure we provide a first-rate functional customer experience.”